What is this?
Here at Moravian Church Without Walls, we are quite familiar with the camping experiences that the Northern and Southern Provinces of the Moravian Church have to offer. It’s a week when creativity and enthusiasm for a shared faith in Christ knows no limits as one person feeds off of another’s energy. But then, everyone has to find an outlet for all of that once camp ends. We are also familiar with this post-camp experience, so we wanted to do something to help.
Moravian Church Without Walls is hosting a live online camp check-in . This event is a large, structured video call where people can gather together, in large and small groups, and talk about this year’s camp.
There will be opportunities to:
- Reconnect with your camp friends and staff.
- Meet new campers and staff from other camps.
- Share camp stories, memories, thoughts, plans, and ideas with people from your camp and other camps.
- Learn from the Program Leaders of each camp as they recap the major themes.
- Discuss the major program themes.
- Explore how your faith has changed since camp.
Who is this for?
Monday, August 28th, 2017
5:30-7:30pm (Mountain) // 6:30-8:30pm (Central) // 7:30-9:30pm (Eastern)
How to Join
Click the link below to join at the time of the event.
(Event Schedule & Discussion Questions Link – https://goo.gl/fztdtQ)
We are using Zoom to host this event. Zoom is compatible with laptops and mobile devices. If this is your first time using Zoom, clicking the button will probably lead you to downloading the program or app.
If you would like to go ahead with these downloads ahead of time and test it out, our Zoom “room” is open at any time. Just click the button to enter.
- Headphones are recommended. This cuts back on unwanted background noise which makes it difficult for others to listen.
- When you’re not talking, be sure to mute yourself. Again, this cuts back on unwanted background noise.
- You can rename yourself once you’re in the Zoom “room.” It would be helpful to include which camp you attended after your name. Ex: John Doe (Camp Name).
This special event comes as a result of creative planning encouraged by the IPO (Identity Purpose Organization, Northern Province) committee’s grant initiative.